Humans and Animals
coolest photo set i’ve ever seen.
In my dreams.
WOW, the front is just as spectacular as the back on this. The spring/summer 07 collection by Zuhair Murad is just gorgeous, but the red one is my favorite. Here’s a link to the full collection.
File this under what Margery Tyrell and Cersei Lannister wear to a gun fight. (Or what the Water Tribes and Fire Nation wear to a gun fight.)
The proportion on the hips of these is magic - any longer, and it would make the models’ legs look short, any shorter and it would bisect the whole dress.
2003: Prima ballerina Anastasia Volochkova, fired by the Bolshoi for being “too fat.” They claimed she was too heavy for male dancers to lift. Volochkova sued the Bolshoi and was awarded financial compensation by a Moscow court, but was never given another role with the Bolshoi again. Instead she went on to pursue a successful solo career, and became one of the biggest media personalities in Russia. In the wake of the acid attack, she accused the Bolshoi of being a “giant brothel”, claiming ballerinas were expected by the leadership to sleep with wealthy patrons. Bolshoi officials adamantly deny this.
We get this one role. So we’d better hope it’s a good one. Because –
They could make 10 shitty Batman movies, and we’ll always see more Batman movies.
But if Wonder Woman isn’t top of the pops for every second she’s on-screen in Snyder’s film, they’ll burn the character down and salt the earth and the topic won’t come up again for another 30 goddamn years. Wonder Woman will be poison on the lips.
And that’s the danger of putting Wonder Woman in Batman Versus Superman."
10 BETTER BODY AFFIRMATIONS FOR YOUNG WOMEN
1. Your body is in flux for the rest of your life. Think of your body as fluid instead of static — it’s always going to change. So get comfortable with those changes.
2. No one will love you or not love you because of your body. You are lovable because you’re you, not because your body looks a certain way.
3. The most intensely personal relationship you’ll ever have is with your body. It’s a lifelong relationship that’s well worth investing in and nurturing the same way you would with loved ones.
4. You don’t owe your body to anyone. Not sexually, not aesthetically. Your body is yours. Period.
5. What someone else says about your body says more about them than it does about you. Look past the actual snark to the person who’s saying it, because it’s only a reflection of what they think of themselves. That’s when you’ll see how little power their words have.
6. Your body is not a reflection of your character. It’s a physical home for the complex and wondrous and unique being that is you.
7. Take up as much space as you want. You don’t have to be small, or quiet, or docile, regardless of your physical size.
8. Everything you need to accept your body is already inside you. There’s no book, or diet, or workout routine or external affirmation that you need to feel good about your body right now.
9. Your body is a priority. It’s always trying to tell you things. Taking the time to listen to is of the utmost importance.
10. Wear whatever you want. Your body shape does not dictate your personal style, and fashion rules that say otherwise are wrong. Dress yourself in a way that makes you feel happy and confident and beautiful, because guess what? You are.